artsvest wraps its 2019/2020 program
As we know, the impact of COVID-19 on Canada’s arts sector has been profound and will be long lasting. Throughout these difficult times, the role of the arts in bringing people and communities together has never been more important or necessary.?
It is under this banner that Business / Arts is very pleased to celebrate the incredible results from the 2019-2020 artsvest program.?
As an organization, we have always been committed to providing as much support as possible to our artsvest community across the country. Working in close partnership with our national and regional funders, we adapted our artsvest program to extend additional support to our artsvest community.?
In response to the pandemic, Business / Arts was proud to ensure that all participating artsvest organizations received 75 percent of their pre-approved funds to support immediate needs, programming and initiatives.?
During this year, we also expanded our webinars and one-on-one mentorship, providing more access and opportunities to address and respond to specific challenges at this time.?
An Entrepreneur’s Journey featuring JAYU, Work in Culture, Blues d’la Baie, Steps Initiative, South Georgian Bay Music Foundation, The Villians Theatre, Theatre Collingwood, and Jamii.
Here’s a snapshot of the 2019-2020 artsvest program:?
- 8356 mentorship hours have been completed by our artsvest participants to date
- 368 (94%) of participating organizations completed the training and received matching funds.
- 95% felt the artsvest program has improved their organization’s knowledge, confidence and ability to engage with sponsors.?
- 96% of participants felt the artsvest mentorship, training and resources provided them with new knowledge which has improved the efficiency of their operations and enabled them to achieve their organizational goals.
- 445 business partnerships were created with a total value of over $2.5 million in sponsorships secured nationally by organizations participating in year one of the artsvest program.
- 65 mentors from across Canada have volunteered their time and expertise providing valuable mentorship and training to individuals and organizations participating in the artsvest program.
We are so grateful for the support of our volunteer mentors, and of course our funders during these times of such uncertainty. Without them, artsvest and the work we do to support arts organizations across Canada would not be possible.?
Applications for the next intake of the artsvest program will be made available in early 2021 and offered in the regions of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Toronto and Montreal. In addition to our core curriculum of sponsorship, marketing and board governance, the program will incorporate the crisis and recovery skills and training required to build resilient arts organizations while continuing to stimulate business investment in the arts through matching incentives. Information sessions will take place online with dates to be announced in early 2021.
For more information, sign up to our mailing list or click here to learn more about artsvest.
With sincere and dedicated thanks to our partners:?